SC-900 Study Guide: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
This SC-900 Study Guide has been updated with the January 28, 2022 exam objectives
The SC-900 exam is the only exam needed to get the Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals, and an optional exam in the Security, Compliance, and Identity path. This certification is targeted to those looking to familiarize themselves with the fundamentals of security, compliance, and identity (SCI) across cloud-based and related Microsoft services. This is a broad audience that may include business stakeholders, new or existing IT professionals, or students who have an interest in Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions. Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 and want to understand how Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions can span across these solution areas to provide a holistic and end-to-end solution.
In this SC-900 Study Guide, I will share both free and paid options, whether books, video training or simply links to articles and blog posts. I will not share any dumps as those are against the Microsoft Terms of Service, and by using dumps, we decrease the value of our certifications.
Many people still prefer books to study, and this is why Microsoft still does the Exam Ref series! Books are sometimes a bit late on the exam objectives – so always check when the book was published and if any major changes have been made to the objectives.
Prepare for Microsoft Exam SC-900 and help demonstrate your real-world knowledge of the fundamentals of security, compliance, and identity (SCI) across cloud-based and related Microsoft services. Designed for business stakeholders, new and existing IT professionals, functional consultants, and students, this Exam Ref focuses on the critical thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals level.
SC-900 Video Training
There are many video training providers out there, both free and paid. Paid options such as Pluralsight usually go more in depth and explain the content, and are also peer reviewed to ensure quality. As for YouTube and Udemy the quality will depend on the individual creating the video, so make sure to check the reviews.
SC-900 Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals Learning Path (5 courses – 9 hours)
With the ever growing importance of security in IT infrastructure, these courses focus on the products and methodologies used for securing Microsoft technologies. These courses will serve as your introduction to Microsoft security and the various tools at your disposal as an admin. Additionally, the courses in this path cover the objectives on the SC-900 exam and can help you prepare for the exam.
Microsoft Security, Compliance and Identity Fundamentals (SC-900) Certification
Do you want to understand the fundamentals of security, compliance, and identity (SCI) across cloud-based and related Microsoft services? You should avail this certificate if you are a business stakeholders, new or existing IT professionals, or students who have an interest in Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions.
SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, Identity Fundamentals
Learn about SCI in Microsoft Azure, Azure Sentinel, Microsoft 365 Defender, Intune and Microsoft 365. For exam SC-900.
SC-900: Security, Compliance and Identity Fundamentals + Quiz
Dedicated certification exam designed by MS for professionals who want to excel their career into cybersecurity Space.
SC-900 Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals Study Cram
2-hour study cram for the SC-900 exam. All the core concepts covered in the exam.
SC-900 C.E.R.T. | Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
1h30 study cram for the SC-900 exam.
SC-900 Practice Exams
Those are practice exams and not dumps. I do not encourage dumps as they ruin the certification value for everyone. Practice tests are a great way to get ready for the exam after studying everything in this SC-900 Study Guide
Microsoft Security, Compliance and Identity Fundamentals (SC-900) Certification | Practice Test
Do you want to understand the fundamentals of security, compliance, and identity (SCI) across cloud-based and related Microsoft services? You should avail this certificate if you are a business stakeholders, new or existing IT professionals, or students who have an interest in Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions. Includes 110Unique questions.
SC-900 Practice Tests [MS Security, Compliance, & Identity]
3 timed practice tests (100+ Qs) for SC-900 [Microsoft Security, Compliance, & Identity Fundamentals] certification exam
SC-900 Microsoft Learn Modules
Microsoft learn is a great free way to learn about the SC-900 exam content! It contains mostly text-based articles, while also providing you small quizes at the end of every module.
Here are all the learning paths in preparation for the SC-900 exam: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals.
SC-900 Instructor-led training (Microsoft Official Courses)
This is the Microsoft Official Course, which you can schedule at a Microsoft learning partner. Those classes are presented by Microsoft Certified Trainers. This is the best way to learn any topic as you can ask questiosn to a live instructor – but also the most expensive one.
Course SC-900T00-A: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
This course provides foundational level knowledge on security, compliance, and identity concepts and related cloud-based Microsoft solutions.
SC-900 Articles / Blog Posts Per Objective
Describe the Concepts of Security, Compliance, and Identity (5-10%)
Describe security and compliance concepts & methodologies
- describe the Zero-Trust methodology
- describe the shared responsibility model
- define defense in depth
- describe common threats
- describe encryption and hashing
- describe cloud adoption framework
Define identity concepts
- define identity as the primary security perimeter
- define authentication
- define authorization
- describe what identity providers are
- describe what Active Directory is
- describe the concept of Federated services
- define common Identity Attacks
Describe the capabilities of Microsoft Identity and Access Management Solutions (25-30%)
Describe the basic identity services and identity types of Azure AD
- describe what Azure Active Directory is
- describe Azure AD identity types (users, devices, groups, service principals/applications)
- describe what hybrid identity is
- describe the different external identity types (Guest Users)
Describe the authentication capabilities of Azure AD
- describe the different authentication methods
- describe self-service password reset
- describe password protection and management capabilities
- describe Multi-factor Authentication
- describe Windows Hello for Business
Describe access management capabilities of Azure AD
- describe what conditional access is
- describe uses and benefits of conditional access
- describe the benefits of Azure AD roles
Describe the identity protection & governance capabilities of Azure AD
- describe what identity governance is
- describe what entitlement management and access reviews is
- describe the capabilities of PIM
- describe Azure AD Identity Protection
Describe the capabilities of Microsoft Security Solutions (30-35%)
Describe basic security capabilities in Azure
- describe Azure Network Security groups
- describe Azure DDoS protection
- describe what Azure Firewall is
- describe what Azure Bastion is
- describe what Web Application Firewall is
- describe ways Azure encrypts data
Describe security management capabilities of Azure
- describe Cloud security posture management (CSPM)
- describe Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- describe secure score in Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- describe enhanced security of Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- describe security baselines for Azure
Describe security capabilities of Microsoft Sentinel
- define the concepts of SIEM, SOAR, XDR
- describe how Microsoft Sentinel provides integrated threat protection
Describe threat protection with Microsoft 365 Defender
- describe Microsoft 365 Defender services
- describe Microsoft Defender for Identity (formerly Azure ATP)
- describe Microsoft Defender for Office 365 (formerly Office 365 ATP)
- describe Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (formerly Microsoft Defender ATP)
- describe Defender for Cloud Apps
Describe security management capabilities of Microsoft 365
- describe the Microsoft 365 Defender portal
- describe how to use Microsoft Secure Score
- describe security reports and dashboards
- describe incidents and incident management capabilities
Describe endpoint security with Microsoft Intune
- describe what Intune is
- describe endpoint security with Intune
- describe the endpoint security with the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
Describe the Capabilities of Microsoft Compliance Solutions (25-30%)
Describe the compliance management capabilities in Microsoft
- describe the compliance center
- describe compliance manager
- describe use and benefits of compliance score
- describe Microsoft’s privacy principles
- describe the offerings of the service trust portal
Describe information protection and governance capabilities of Microsoft 365
- describe data classification capabilities
- describe the value of content and activity explorer
- describe sensitivity labels
- describe Retention Polices and Retention Labels
- describe Records Management
- describe Data Loss Prevention
Describe insider risk capabilities in Microsoft 365
- describe Insider risk management solution
- describe communication compliance
- describe information barriers
- describe privileged access management
- describe customer lockbox
Describe the eDiscovery and audit capabilities of Microsoft 365
- describe the purpose of eDiscovery
- describe the capabilities of the content search tool
- describe the core eDiscovery workflow
- describe the advanced eDiscovery workflow
- describe the core audit capabilities of M365
- describe purpose and value of Advanced Auditing
Describe resource governance capabilities in Azure
- describe the use of Azure Resource locks
- describe what Azure Blueprints is
- define Azure Policy and describe its use cases
I think the best thing that you can do after reading this SC-900 Study Guide is to open a free Azure Trial & Microsoft 365 Trial , and play with those features, follow the tutorials and you shouldn’t have any problems with the exam!
Did I miss any cool links in this SC-900 Study Guide? Let me know in the comments! Don’t forget to check out my other Microsoft Certification Study Guides!