MS-900 Study Guide – Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
This MS-900 Study Guide has been updated with the October 25, 2021 exam objectives
The MS-900 exam is the only exam needed to get the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals certification, and an optional exam in all the other Microsoft 365 Paths. This exam is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model. This exam will also cover knowledge of available options and benefits gained by implementing Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
In this MS-900 Study Guide, I will share both free and paid options, whether books, video training or simply links to articles and blog posts. I will not share any dumps as those are against the Microsoft Terms of Service, and by using dumps, we decrease the value of our certifications.
Many people still prefer books to study, and this is why Microsoft still does the Exam Ref series! Books are sometimes a bit late on the exam objectives – so always check when the book was published and if any major changes have been made to the objectives.
Exam Ref MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
Direct from Microsoft, this Exam Ref is the official study guide for the new Microsoft MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals certification exam. Exam Ref MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals offers professional-level preparation that helps candidates maximize their exam performance and sharpen their skills on the job. It focuses on helping you demonstrate foundational knowledge of cloud services, the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, and Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings, options, and benefits.
Microsoft 365 Certified Fundamentals MS-900 Exam Guide: Expert tips and techniques to pass the MS-900 certification exam on the first attempt
This exam guide covers the MS-900 exam objectives, with explanations of essential cloud concepts, and also ensures you get hands-on experience of Microsoft 365 services and features.
MS-900 Video Training
There are many video training providers out there, both free and paid. Paid options such as Pluralsight usually go more in depth and explain the content, and are also peer reviewed to ensure quality. As for YouTube and Udemy the quality will depend on the individual creating the video, so make sure to check the reviews.
Includes Practice Exam
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (MS-900) Certification Prep Path (3 courses – 3h30)
This certification path is intended to cover the foundational knowledge needed to understand Microsoft’s Microsoft 365 offering. The courses in this path cover the basics when it comes to the products and services a Microsoft 365 subscription provides. This is an excellent starting point for those looking to get started in working with cloud services and solutions in the Microsoft 365 space.
Includes Practice Exam
MS-900 Exam Prep: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Course
Want to learn Microsoft 365? Whether it’s Office 365 ProPlus, Windows 10, or Enterprise Mobility + Security that you need to brush up on, this MS-900 course will provide you with a solid foundation which will enhance your career and improve your earnings potential. It will also prepare you to sit (and pass) the MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals exam.
Includes Practice Exam
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals: MS-900 +Practice Questions
This MS-900 course provides foundational knowledge by using concepts and hands-on demonstrations of Microsoft 365 services. You will understand the considerations and benefits of Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services.
Microsoft MS-900 Certification: M365 Fundamentals
Not sure where to start with Microsoft 365 (M365)? Whether you are new to Office 365, Windows, and/or Enterprise Mobility and Security (EMS), or simply need a refresher, this is exam is exactly what you need to form a solid foundation which will propel you on your Microsoft 365 adventure. The M365 Fundamentals course will provide you with all of the foundational information you need to jump-start your knowledge of M365.
MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Exam Cram and Overview
This video covers and reviews the key areas for the MS-900, Microsoft 365 Fundamentals exam and certification. Good luck!
MS-900 Practice Exams
Those are practice exams and not dumps. I do not encourage dumps as they ruin the certification value for everyone. Practice tests are a great way to get ready for the exam after studying everything in this MS-900 Study Guide
MS-900: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
MS-900 is intended for the professionals who want to learn the foundation of Microsoft 365 services. You will understand the benefits of adopting cloud services, the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, and implementing Microsoft 365 cloud service. You will be able to differentiate between Microsoft 365, Azure, and Dynamics 365.
MS-900 (Microsoft 365 Fundamentals) Practice Tests
MS-900 Practice Exams to test your knowledge and passing your real MS-900 exam
MS-900 Microsoft Learn Modules
Microsoft learn is a great free way to learn about the MS-900 exam content! It contains mostly text-based articles, while also providing you small quizes at the end of every module.
Here are all the learning paths in preparation for the MS-900 exam: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of Microsoft 365 productivity and teamwork capabilities
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of Microsoft 365 business management capabilities
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of Microsoft 365 security and compliance capabilities
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of Microsoft 365 licensing, service and support
MS-900 Instructor-led training (Microsoft Official Courses)
This is the Microsoft Official Course, which you can schedule at a Microsoft learning partner. Those classes are presented by Microsoft Certified Trainers. This is the best way to learn any topic as you can ask questiosn to a live instructor – but also the most expensive one.
Course MS-900T01: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
MS-900 Articles / Blog Posts Per Objective
Describe cloud concepts (10-15%)
Describe the different types of cloud services available
- describe Microsoft’s IaaS, and PaaS offerings
- describe where Microsoft Azure and Dynamics 365 fit in to the Microsoft ecosystem
- cloud-based productivity solutions
Describe the benefits of and considerations for using a cloud service instead of on-premises services
- describe public, private, and hybrid scenarios
- identify scenarios when usage of cloud-based services is more beneficial than on-premises services
- compare costs of cloud-based services with on-premises services
- identify factors that drive organizations to move to the cloud
Describe Core Microsoft 365 Services and Concepts (30-35%)
Identify core Microsoft 365 capabilities
- productivity and teamwork (IM and chat, online meetings, email and calendaring, Office productivity apps, file storage and sharing, intranet and team sites, enterprise social, accessibility)
- business management (simplified management, business process automation, extensibility, business voice and phone systems, forms and workflow management, business intelligence, work management, customer scheduling and booking, mileage tracking and reporting)
- security and compliance (identity and access management, information protection and governance, threat protection, security management, insider risk management, compliance management, discover and respond)
- describe the capabilities of the Microsoft 365 Admin center and Microsoft 365 user portal
Describe options for deploying and supporting Windows and Office
- describe the deployment and release models for Windows-as-a-Service (WaaS) including deployment rings
- describe the capabilities of Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) and when it makes sense to implement WVD
- identify deployment and servicing methods for Microsoft 365 apps
Describe analytics capabilities in Microsoft 365
- describe capabilities of Workplace Analytics and MyAnalytics
- describe the reports available in the Microsoft 365 Admin center and other admin centers
Describe Microsoft 365 collaboration solutions
- explain how collaboration solutions in Microsoft 365 can drive personal and organizational productivity
- describe the capabilities for extending Office and Microsoft Teams with Power Platform and third-party apps and services
Explain Security, Compliance, Privacy, and Trust in Microsoft 365 (30-35%)
Explain zero-trust security principles for Microsoft 365
- identify key components that need to be protected within an organization’s cloud and on-premises infrastructure
- describe key security pillars of protection, including identity, documents, network, and devices
Explain unified endpoint management concepts
- explain device and application management
- describe bring you own device (BYOD), and application and device management
- explain the value of the Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM) including Microsoft Intune and System Center
Explain identity and access management concepts
- describe concepts of cloud identity, on-premises identity, and hybrid identity
- describe the purpose and value of implementing multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- describe the purpose and value of conditional access
Explain Threat Protection in Microsoft 365
- identify how Microsoft 365 services address the most common current threats
- describe the concepts of Cloud App Security
Describe the Service Trust portal, Microsoft 365 security center, and Compliance Manager
- identify differences between the Service Trust portal, Security center, and Compliance Manager
- explain the trust relationship between Microsoft and service locations
- describe data protection options including data segregation
- describe how compliance scores are generated and how they can be used
- describe scenarios where knowing the compliance score benefits an organization
- describe the value and capabilities of the Service Trust portal
- explain insider risk management capabilities in the compliance score
- identify eDiscovery use cases and scenarios
- explain why privacy matters to Microsoft
- demonstrate the Security Center and Secure Score benefits and capabilities
Describe information protection and governance solutions
- explain information protection and governance
- identify the types of sensitivity labels and when to use each type
Describe Microsoft 365 Pricing and Support (20-25%)
Plan, predict, and compare pricing
- describe the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) pricing model for Windows and Microsoft cloud services
- explain available billing and bill management options including billing frequency and methods of payment
- optimize costs based on licensing options
Identify licensing options available in Microsoft 365
- describe the available licensing and management options for Microsoft 365
- describe additional capabilities available when a customer purchases Azure Active Directory Premium P1, Azure Active Directory Premium P2, and Azure AD Free
Describe the service lifecycle in Microsoft 365
- describe private, public preview, and General Availability (GA) options
- describe the correlation between lifecycle options and pricing
- describe use cases and capabilities for the Microsoft 365 Roadmap portal
Describe support offerings for Microsoft 365 services
- describe how to create a support request for Microsoft 365 services
- describe service level agreements (SLAs) concepts, use cases for SLAs, SLA tiers, roles, and responsibilities
- determine service health status by using the Microsoft 365 dashboard or the tenant dashboard
- describe how organizations can communicate with Microsoft by using UserVoice
I think the best thing that you can do after reading this SC-900 Study Guide is to open a Microsoft 365 Trial , and play with those features, follow the tutorials and you shouldn’t have any problems with the exam!
Did I miss any cool links in this MS-900 Study Guide? Let me know in the comments! Don’t forget to check out my other Microsoft Certification Study Guides!