MS-700 Study Guide: Managing Microsoft Teams
This MS-700 Study Guide has been updated with the September 24, 2021 exam objectives
The MS-700 exam is the only exam needed to get the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate. Candidates for this exam are Microsoft Teams administrators who manage Microsoft Teams to facilitate efficient and effective collaboration and communication in a Microsoft 365 environment.
Candidates for this exam must be able to plan, deploy, configure, and secure Teams chat, apps, channels, meetings, audio/video conferencing, live events, calling, and Microsoft Teams-certified devices. Candidates should have experience integrating Microsoft Teams with other workloads, including SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange, Microsoft 365 Groups, Power Platform, and with other Microsoft apps, third-party apps, and custom apps.
In this MS-700 Study Guide, I will share both free and paid options, whether books, video training or simply links to articles and blog posts. I will not share any dumps as those are against the Microsoft Terms of Service, and by using dumps, we decrease the value of our certifications.
- MS-700 Books
- MS-700 Video Training
- MS-700 Microsoft Learn Modules
- MS-700 Instructor-led training (Microsoft Official Courses)
- MS-700 Articles / Blog Posts Per Objective
- Additional Tips
Exam Ref Ms-700 Managing Microsoft Teams
Prepare for Microsoft Exam MS-700―demonstrate your real-world knowledge of Microsoft Teams planning, deployment, configuration, management, security, troubleshooting, and more. Designed for professionals with Microsoft Teams experience, this Exam Ref focuses on the critical thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate level.
- Amazon.com: https://amzn.to/3eqNLJt
- Amazon Canada: https://amzn.to/3EwWQuX
- Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/32FJGON
- Amazon FR: https://amzn.to/3szZhuf
- Amazon DE: https://amzn.to/3z4bLvx
Managing Microsoft Teams: MS-700 Exam Guide: Configure and manage Microsoft Teams workloads and achieve Microsoft 365 certification with ease
Do you want to build and test your proficiency in the deployment, management, and monitoring of Microsoft Teams features within the Microsoft 365 platform? Managing Microsoft Teams: MS-700 Exam Guide will help you to effectively plan and implement Microsoft Teams using the Microsoft 365 Teams admin center and Windows PowerShell. You’ll also discover best practices for rolling out and managing MS services for Teams users within your Microsoft 365 tenant.
- Amazon.com: https://amzn.to/3qweCJI
- Amazon Canada: https://amzn.to/3pwO5N3
- Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3sE1Dsk
- Amazon FR: https://amzn.to/3pylkzQ
- Amazon DE: https://amzn.to/3mxXh1S
MS-700 Video Training
There are many video training providers out there, both free and paid. Paid options such as Pluralsight usually go more in depth and explain the content, and are also peer reviewed to ensure quality. As for YouTube and Udemy the quality will depend on the individual creating the video, so make sure to check the reviews.
Certification Path: Managing Microsoft Teams (MS-700) (6 courses / 19 hours)
The courses in this path take you through all you need to know to be an excellent Microsoft Teams administrator. You’ll learn about configuration and management from an administrator’s perspective including managing chat and collaboration, planning and configuring network settings, deploying and managing endpoints, and more. By the end of this path, you’ll have everything you need to create a set up Microsoft Teams and perform daily management tasks. Additionally, the courses in this path cover the objectives in the Microsoft MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams exam and can help you prepare for the certification.
Microsoft MS-700 Certification: Managing Teams
This course will help you study for and pass the MS-700 exam by Microsoft, which will earn you the coveted Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate badge.
MS-700 Managing Microsoft Teams Training & Lab Simulations
Microsoft Teams Teamwork Administrator Associate certification course and MS-700 exam preparation. Simulations included!
MS-700 Microsoft Learn Modules
Microsoft learn is a great free way to learn about the AZ-900 exam content! It contains mostly text-based articles, while also providing you small quizes at the end of every module.
MS-700 Instructor-led training (Microsoft Official Courses)
Course MS-700T00-A: Managing Microsoft Teams
The Managing Microsoft Teams course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Teams Admin role. Microsoft Teams admins configure, deploy, and manage Office 365 workloads for Microsoft Teams that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and communication in an enterprise environment. This course covers six central elements – Microsoft Teams overview, implementing governance, security and compliance for Microsoft Teams, preparing the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment, deploying and managing teams, managing collaboration and managing communication in Microsoft Teams.
MS-700 Articles / Blog Posts Per Objective
Plan and configure a Microsoft Teams Environment (35-40%)
Plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams
- calculate network bandwidth capacity for Microsoft Teams voice, video, meetings, and Live Events
- analyze network usage by using Network Planner
- specify requirements for outbound network ports and protocols for Microsoft Teams
- determine WAN optimizer, proxy, and load balancer recommendations for Microsoft Teams
- configure Tenant Data Upload in Microsoft Call Quality Dashboard
- configure reporting labels for Microsoft Teams
- assess network readiness by using Microsoft 365 network connectivity test and dashboard
- configure QoS port range and DSCP markings
Identify licensing requirements for Microsoft Teams
- identify required licensing for compliance features
- identify appropriate licensing for advanced lifecycle management of teams
- identify appropriate licensing for guest access
- identify appropriate licensing for calling, Phone System, and resource accounts
- identify appropriate licensing for Microsoft Teams Rooms and Common Area Phones
- identify appropriate licensing for apps in Microsoft Teams
Plan and configure security and compliance settings for Microsoft Teams
- plan alerts for Microsoft Teams
- choose appropriate administration roles
- plan threat policies
- plan and configure retention policies
- plan and configure sensitivity labels
- plan Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies
- plan for conditional access and MFA for Microsoft Teams
- plan information barrier policies
Plan and implement governance and lifecycle management for Microsoft Teams
- plan and manage Microsoft Teams preview features with Microsoft Teams update policies
- create and manage policy packages in Microsoft Teams
- plan policy assignment for users and groups
- set up policies for Microsoft 365 Groups creation
- configure an expiration policy for Microsoft 365 groups
- configure a naming policy for Microsoft 365 Groups
- archive, delete, or unarchive one or more teams
- restore or troubleshoot deletion of one or more Microsoft 365 Groups
- manage Azure AD access review for members and guests
- perform bulk user operations with PowerShell
Configure and manage external and guest users
- configure SharePoint and OneDrive organizational level sharing settings
- manage external file sharing setting for OneDrive users
- manage external file sharing setting for SharePoint sites
- manage external access-federated domains
- manage guest users for Microsoft Teams from the Microsoft Teams Admin Center
- configure guest access to Microsoft Teams from Azure AD admin center
- allow or prevent owners from adding guests
- configure guest access to a specific team
- remove guests
Configure and manage Microsoft Teams devices
- configure Microsoft Teams for VDI
- manage configuration profiles for Teams devices
- manage Microsoft Teams device tags
- manage device settings and firmware
- provision and configure remote sign-in for new devices
Manage chat, teams, channels, and apps (25-30%)
Create and manage teams
- create teams
- manage privacy levels for a team
- create a team from a default or custom template
- create a team from existing resources
- plan and manage org-wide teams
- add and remove users in a team
- assign and modify user roles in a team
- configure dynamic membership
Plan and manage channels
- plan for channel types
- create channels
- manage Microsoft Teams channel settings
- create and manage Microsoft Teams policies for private channels
- manage private channel membership
Manage chat and collaboration experiences
- create and manage messaging policies
- configure email integration from Microsoft Teams settings
- manage cloud file storage options
- choose an appropriate coexistence mode
Manage apps for Microsoft Teams
- manage Org-wide app settings
- create and manage app permission policies
- create and manage app setup policies
- add apps, connectors, tabs, and messaging extensions to a team
- customize the app store
- publish and configure a custom app to Microsoft Teams
Manage calling and meetings (15-20%)
Manage meeting experiences
- configure meeting settings
- create and manage meeting policies
- create and manage conference bridges
- configure live events settings
- create and manage live events policies
Manage phone numbers
- evaluate when to use Calling Plan versus Direct Routing
- plan and configure emergency calling policies
- add, change, or remove an emergency address for your organization
- provision and manage organizational phone numbers for users, services, and conferencing bridges
- assign, change, or remove a phone number for a user
- assign a phone number to a resource account
Manage Phone System for Microsoft Teams
- create and manage call park policies
- create and manage calling policies
- create and manage caller ID policies
- manage user voice settings
- create and manage dial plans
- interpret a dial plan
- identify potential issues by using the Health Dashboard for Direct Routing
- create and manage resource accounts
- create and manage call queues
- create and manage auto attendants
Monitor and troubleshoot a Microsoft Teams Environment (10-15%)
Monitor and report on a Microsoft Teams environment
- monitor and report on voice and meeting quality
- report on user adoption, including Productivity Score, team usage, app usage, active users, and per-meeting metrics
- monitor and report on creation and deletion of teams
- monitor and report on guest access
- manage Notifications & alerts rules from the Microsoft Teams admin center
Troubleshoot audio, video, and client issues
- troubleshoot chat and presence issues
- identify, collect, and interpret client logs
- troubleshoot issues by using Call Analytics
- troubleshoot Microsoft Teams sign-in issues by using Azure AD sign in logs
- identify potential issues by using Call Quality Dashboard
I think the best thing that you can do after reading this, or even meanwhile, is to open a free Microsoft 365 trial (I highly joining the Microsoft 365 Developer Program), and play with those features, follow the tutorials and you shouldn’t have any problems with the exam!
Did I miss any cool links in this guide? Let me know in the comments!
Could provide tips or maybe even a guide on a lab setup for this certification?
Just a Microsoft 365 tenant with 2-3 users should be enough! Don’t need a complicated lab!
Thanks for the article. It´s very helpful for me.
You Pluralsight course is fantastic. But when i can expect the next course “Configuring Governance and Compliance for Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups”?
It’s out there now! > https://spvlad.com/TeamsGovernanceAndCompliance
This is dam good! Great job !
Hey Vlad! Looks like the link for the Exam Prep (YouTube) should be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIzyBmn6E10, but it currently links to the Microsoft page.
Great, thanks for this. Is there any news on when this pluralsight course will land? “Configuring Governance and Compliance for Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups”
It’s out there now! > https://spvlad.com/TeamsGovernanceAndCompliance
Great post excellent content thanks for that
when do you think will you release the Configuring Governance and Compliance for Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups course on Pluralsight? Any planned date already?
Here it is > https://spvlad.com/TeamsGovernanceAndCompliance
Is there a timeframe on this course, Configuring Governance and Compliance for Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups?
By end of month for sure! Recording them right now… the course will be really in depth.. 300+ slides and over 30 demos in it! It took longer than expected, but hopefully it will be worth it!
Is there an updated timeframe for when we can expect “Configuring Governance and Compliance for Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups”? I find your training to be some of the best I have listened to and understand the most. Keep up the great work!
Next week! To be fully transparent right now:
100% recorded (9 modules, 88 clips). 4 Modules approved, 3 in peer review atm , and 30 clips from 2 modules still in editing!
If all goes well trough the Pluralsight peer review process this should be out Thursday or Friday this coming week (July31).
I know it’s been a long delay, but I really hope the wait will be worth it!
Hi Vlad, Is your MS-700 module already available in Pluralsight? Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂
The second course is out now as well > https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/configuring-governance-compliance-microsoft-teams-365-groups .
Pluralsight should put out an official path soon , but in total there are 4 courses out there! two by myself and two by Jeff Brown! Let me know if you need help finding them until the official path is out!
Hi Vlad, thanks for your reply. Any chance you can put the 4 courses here for the benefit of others as well? 🙂 Will definitely purchase these modules. I really need it. Thanks so much!
I updated the link to point to the Certification Path on Pluralsight where there will always be up to date in all MS-700 related courses! Thanks!
Thanks a ton for all your courses
i have already completed two of your courses
“Configuring Governance and Compliance for Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Groups” and configuring and managing onedrive for business
But MS 700 course have “Plan and configure a Microsoft Teams environment (45-50%)
I dont see any of your courses on this one. Can you guide if any videos available in pluralsite or any other link….will appreciate
I am bit confused. my background is messaging ( exchange and O365) but my current job requirement is to manage teams as well, hence i want to clear my certification on MS Teams but i am not a skype guy though i know many things about skype…
so, can you guide how will i clear MS Teams certification? or should i go for another path e.g, MS 203….
For the MS-700, watch the four courses in this channel! > https://app.pluralsight.com/channels/details/906bf67a-f6fb-4f06-95a3-74415995935b
There is still one missing in there about Upgrading from Skype for Business to Teams, but I am not the one working on that!
Thanks Vlad for the response
from this course which you have provided, first one i have already completed, the last one i have already bookmarked and following
2nd and 3rd i will go through but upgrading from skype to teams was my main concern
so it seems that i have to read some articles only for upgrade….anyway thanks once again for all the help
How to get this video demo as slides ? it contains some essential information for exam preparation ! Exam Prep | MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams | BRK1106 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIzyBmn6E10
https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/85219 > View Slide Deck on the right
Whouaw, thank you a lot for this! This content is so good I wish I could rate it! Also I am a member of pluralsight so I am glad you provided the link.
I wish I had a way to pay you back.
Great and knowledge based post excellent content thanks for that.
Vlad thank you for all your videos and links and documentation this helped me pass my ms-700 exam today
Looks like MS has moved the content. Any updated link or repository of this ? Thanks Vlad
Which link is not working?
I had replied to your original message but it showed up at the end of the comments chain. The link in reference. https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/85219
Yeah with Ignite 2020 around the corner they seem to have taken it down. I managed to find it here > https://medius.studios.ms/video/asset/PPT/IG19-BRK1106
Thanks for your prompt response Vlad.
Thanks for this post! If I study 1-2 hours a day, how long will it take to complete the courses and be ready for the exam?
It really depends on where you start from! I think it would take at least 40h of studying + labs to pass it.
Thanks for the one stop place you have been provided.
i have go through the https://app.pluralsight.com/channels/details/906bf67a-f6fb-4f06-95a3-74415995935b for finding the four courses.
but it’s redirecting to me to home page.
could you look into this pls.
apricate if you can provided full course link for us
The official one is up so just use this one from now on > https://spvlad.com/MS-700-Path
I really like your MS-700 course from Pluralsight however it is not updated. Do you have an updated MS-700 course? If so, where can I find it?
Thanks in advance.
Why do you feel it’s not up to date :O?
The lessons were uploaded approx. March of 2020. Microsoft recently updated MS-700, I am wondering if you are planning on updating your lessons as well?
Other sites have their lessons updated as recent as January 2021. But I don’t really want to take those, I like your lessons much much better.
I’m still watching them because they are fantastic! Because of your Pluralsight course on MS-700, I do not see PowerShell commands as a bunch of “random letters and symbols” anymore LOL.
I get where you’re coming from, in my defense the Compliance/Governance one is August 2020 (so only 6 months old 😛 😛 ) but I do understand the need for up to date material. In all honesty, Microsft is currently planning a bigger update of the MS-700 (not the March one, one later in the year) which will trully take into account things such as Shared Channels (Team Connect) and a lot more of the “bigger changes” to architecture – and that’s when I plan to fully re-update the courses. I do belive that today, even if the course is 1 year old, it acurately covers what you need for the MS-700 today (and after the March mini update)!
Also glad I could help with the PowerShell stuff 🙂 :).
I am planning to take the certification MS 700 on may 31st. I have started the MS 700 certification Path in pluralsight . Is 20 days enough to prepare for the certification.
I know just basics in powershell and basic teams admin skill.
One more important question as well, in the certifcation page, i saw this message ‘The exam guide below shows the changes that will be implemented on May 25, 2021. – Does this mean anything, do i need to worry
‘ . Is the below learning path enough to appear for the certifcation.
Hello! If you have the basic skills it should be enough! I checked the changes (scroll down at the bottom of this page >https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE43VcF ) and nothing to worry about – very minor changes!