70-533 Study Guide: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
The 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions exam is one of the two Azure exams required to get your Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Cloud Platform . This 70-533 study guide was created to help you find materials to study, and ace the exam. I will share both free and paid options, whether books, video training or simply links to articles and blog posts. I will not share any dumps as those are against the Microsoft Terms of Service, and by using dumps, we decrease the value of our certifications.
Link to Exam on Microsoft Learning
|Choose two exams from those below|
|70-532 Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions|
|70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions|
|70-534 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions|
|70-473 Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions|
|70-475 Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions|
|Exam Ref 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions|
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-532–and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of Microsoft Azure solution development. Designed for experienced developers ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the Microsoft Specialist level.Links:
|More Introducing Windows Azure for IT Professionals|
Get a head start evaluating Windows Azure – with technical insights from a Microsoft MVP Mitch Tulloch. This guide introduces the latest features and capabilities, with scenario-based advice on how the platform can meet the needs of your business. Get the high-level overview you need to begin preparing your deployment now.Links:
|Mastering Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services|
Mastering Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services guides you through the process of creating and managing a public cloud and virtual network using Microsoft Azure. With step-by-step instruction and clear explanation, this book equips you with the skills required to provide services both on-premises and off-premises through full virtualization, providing a deeper understanding of Azure’s capabilities as an infrastructure serviceLinks:
Video Training for the exam
NOTE: Pluralsight is a paid resource unlike Channel9 and Microsoft Virtual Academy which are free. The quality they provide is also superior because of all the quality checks they go through, and the instructors are one of the best in the industry. The Pluralsight courses have a link to where you can get a free trial and decide for yourself if paying a subscription or not is worth it, but the 10-day free trial should allow you to view all those courses for free.
|Deploying and Integrating Azure AD|
This course provides the knowledge to integrate on-premise AD with Azure AD to enable a seamless identity throughout all cloud services.
|Understanding and Using Azure Storage|
This course will introduce you to Azure Storage when used by Azure infrastructure resources.
|Architecting and Implementing Azure Networking|
A deep understanding of Azure networking is crucial to implementing a secure hybrid cloud solution. This course teaches the key aspects of networking for services in Azure, how to integrate them with on-premises services, and enable secure access.
|Deploying and Managing Azure IaaS Virtual Machines|
This course aims to give you the knowledge to architect and deploy solutions using Azure IaaS, as well as how to utilize other Azure services in an optimal manner.
|Automating Deployment and Scale of Azure IaaS Solutions|
This course dives into how to script, automate, and scale Azure deployments, so that you can fully utilize Azure automation technologies and techniques, in an optimal manner.
|Advanced Azure Storage|
Microsoft Azure makes it easy to deploy and manage enterprise-scale SQL Server databases from the convenience of your web browser. In this course, you’ll learn about providing stability and high availability for your cloud-based SQL Server databases.
|Implementing Azure Application Services|
If you are looking to leverage Azure services it is critical to fully understand the full span of services available. This course will teach you the key Azure application services including Azure App Services, Azure Functions, and Azure Logic Apps.
|Cert Exam Prep: Exam 70-533: Implementing Azure Solutions|
This Certification Exam Prep session is designed for people experienced with programming using Azure who are interested in taking the 70-533 (Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions) exam. Attendees of this session can expect to review the topics covered in this exam in a fast-paced format, as well as receive some valuable test taking techniques. Attendees leave with an understanding of how Microsoft certification works, what are the key topics covered in the exams, and an exhaustive look at resources for finalizing getting ready for the exam. The session is led by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), experienced in delivering sessions on these topics.
Instructor-led training (Microsoft Official Courses)
|Course 20533C: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (5 Days)|
This course is intended for IT professionals who are familiar with managing on-premises IT deployments that include AD DS, virtualization technologies, and applications. The students typically work for organizations that are planning to locate some or all of their infrastructure services on Azure. This course also is intended for IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
Articles / Blog Posts per objective <In Progress>
Design and implement Azure App Service apps (15–20%)
- Deploy Web Apps
- Define deployment slots; roll back deployments; implement pre- and post- deployment actions; create, configure, and deploy packages; create App Service plans; migrate Web Apps between App Service plans; create a Web App within an App Service plan
- Configure Web Apps
- Define and use app settings, connection strings, handlers, and virtual directories; configure certificates and custom domains; configure SSL bindings and runtime configurations; manage Web Apps by using Azure PowerShell and Xplat-CLI
- Configure diagnostics, monitoring, and analytics
- Retrieve diagnostics data; view streaming logs; configure endpoint monitoring, alerts, and diagnostics; use remote debugging; monitor website resources
- Configure Web Apps for scale and resilience
- Configure auto-scale using built-in and custom schedules, configure by metric, change the size of an instance, configure Traffic Manager
Create and manage Azure Resource Manager Virtual Machines (20–25%)
- Deploy workloads on Azure Resource Manager (ARM) virtual machines (VMs)
- Identify workloads that can and cannot be deployed; run workloads, including Microsoft and Linux; create VMs; connect to a Windows/Linux VM
- Perform configuration management
- Automate configuration management by using PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) and VM Agent (custom script extensions); configure VMs using a configuration management tool, such as Puppet or Chef; enable remote debugging
- Design and implement VM storage
- Configure disk caching, plan storage capacity, configure operating system disk redundancy, configure shared storage using Azure File service, configure geo-replication, encrypt disks, implement ARM VMs with Standard and Premium Storage
- Monitor ARM VMs
- Configure ARM VM monitoring, configure alerts, configure diagnostic and monitoring storage location
- Monitor ARM VM availability
- Configure multiple ARM VMs in an availability set for redundancy, configure each application tier into separate availability sets, combine the Load Balancer with availability sets
- Scale ARM VMs
- Scale up and scale down VM sizes, deploy ARM VM Scale Sets (VMSS), configure ARM VMSS auto-scale
Design and implement a storage strategy (20–25%)
- Implement Azure storage blobs and Azure files
- Read data, change data, set metadata on a container, store data using block and page blobs, stream data using blobs, access blobs securely, implement async blob copy, configure a Content Delivery Network (CDN), design blob hierarchies, configure custom domains, scale blob storage
- Manage access
- Create and manage shared access signatures, use stored access policies, regenerate keys
- Configure diagnostics, monitoring, and analytics
- Set retention policies and logging levels, analyze logs
- Implement Azure SQL Databases
- Choose the appropriate database tier and performance level; configure point-in-time recovery, geo-replication, and data sync; import and export data and schema; design a scaling strategy
- Implement recovery services
- Create a backup vault, deploy a backup agent, back up and restore data
Implement an Azure Active Directory (15–20%)
- Integrate an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) with existing directories
- Implement Azure AD Connect and single sign-on with on-premises Windows Server 2012 R2, add custom domains, monitor Azure AD
- Configure Application Access
- Configure single sign-on with SaaS applications using federation and password based, add users and groups to applications, revoke access to SaaS applications, configure access, configure federation with Facebook and Google ID
- Integrate an app with Azure AD
- Implement Azure AD integration in web and desktop applications, leverage Graph API
- Implement Azure AD B2C and Azure B2B
- Create an Azure AD B2C Directory, register an application, implement social identity provider authentication, enable multi-factor authentication, set up self-service password reset, implement B2B collaboration, configure partner users, integrate with applications
Implement virtual networks (10–15%)
- Configure virtual networks
- Deploy a VM into a virtual network; configure external and internal load balancing; implement Application Gateway; design subnets; configure static, public, and private IP addresses; set up Network Security Groups (NSGs), DNS at the virtual network level, HTTP and TCP health probes, public IPs, User Defined Routes (UDRs), firewall rules, and direct server return
- Modify network configuration
- Modify a subnet, import and export a network configuration
- Design and implement a multi-site or hybrid network
- Choose the appropriate solution between ExpressRoute, site-to-site, and point-to-site; choose the appropriate gateway; identify supported devices and software VPN solutions; identify networking prerequisites; configure virtual networks and multi-site virtual networks
Design and deploy ARM templates (10–15%)
- Implement ARM templates
- Author ARM templates; create ARM templates to deploy ARM Resource Providers resources; deploy templates with PowerShell, CLI, and REST API
- Implement ARM templates
- Leverage service principals with ARM authentication, use Azure Active Directory Authentication with ARM, set management policies, lock resources
- Implement ARM templates
- Secure resource scopes, such as the ability to create VMs and Azure Web Apps; implement Azure role-based access control (RBAC) standard roles; design Azure RBAC custom
I think the best thing that you can do after reading this, or even meanwhile, is to open a free Azure Trial (or a few), and play with those features, follow the tutorials and you shouldn’t have any problems with the exam!
Did I miss any cool links in this guide? Let me know in the comments!
Follow me on Social Media and Share this article with your friends!