Delve Blogs Retirement deadlines extended!
On November 22nd , I wrote a blog detailing the timelines of the retirement of Delve Blogs! One of the main complaints from the community was the very aggressive timelines, which gave less than 1 month notice until the first pieces of functionality were starting to go away. Originally, the timelines were:
- Beginning December 18th, 2020, tenants will not have the ability to create new Delve blogs.
- Beginning January 18th, 2020, the ability to create new, or edit existing posts, in existing Delve blogs will be disabled.
- Beginning April 17th, 2020, existing Delve blogs will be deleted and removed from Delve profiles.
On December 4th, in Message Center ID: MC197403, Microsoft has updated the dates to be:
- Beginning January 18th, 2020, tenants will not have the ability to create new Delve blogs.
- Beginning February 18th, 2020, the ability to create new, or edit existing posts, in existing Delve blogs will be disabled.
- Beginning July 17th, 2020, existing Delve blogs will be deleted and removed from Delve profiles
This basically adds a month to the first two pieces of functionality going away, but more importantly 3 extra months until content will be deleted and lost. Furthermore, Microsoft (and the community) actually updated the SharePoint modernization scanner to include the ability to Modernize Delve blogs and classic blogs. This new tool will make it easier for Office 365 administrators to migrate their Delve Blog content to modern SharePoint communication sites before it’s permanently deleted.
The new July 17th 2020 deadline also matches a key date for the retirement of classic blogs in SharePoint Online!
|Leave a comment and don’t forget to like the Vlad Talks Tech Page on Facebook and to follow me on Twitter here for the latest news and technical articles on SharePoint. I am also a Pluralsight author, and you can view all the courses I created on my author page.|