Microsoft Extends Free Certification Exams to Microsoft Ignite the Tour
A few weeks ago, I have blogged about Microsoft offering free certification exams at the Microsoft Ignite Conference in Orlando! A lot of you have reached out saying that you cannot be at Microsoft Ignite, and asked if the offer will be available at Microsoft’s roadshow: Microsoft Ignite the Tour! At the time, I unfortunately had to tell you that no, however I have good news, every attendee of Microsoft Ignite the Tour will also get one free certification exam! Let’s take a look at the details!
PS: This is also for Ignite Orlando attendees in addition to your one free exam you took during the conference!
For those of you that want to know the basics of this offer, read this! If you attended Ignite in Orlando, or any Ignite the Tour, Microsoft will add an automatic voucher on your e-mail address that allows you to take a role-based Microsoft Certification exam for free for 180 days after the event! There are no testing centers at Ignite the Tour, so you can do this at a local testing center in your city/country, or even online! The offer is available to everyone except 1) government officials; or 2) residents of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Switzerland, Israel, Germany, or Sweden. As a Canadian, if you are in any of those countries, I have to say I am sorry, nothing I can do on this! Read on for all the details!
Eligible exams for this offer
This offer includes all Microsoft fundamentals, role-based, and specialty certification exams. (Basically, not valid for the 70-XXX series exams or the Office ones) The eligible exams are listed below.
How to claim your free exam
You must use the same email address that you used to register for the Microsoft Ignite 2019 or a Microsoft Ignite The Tour 2019-2020 event you attended in order to claim your free exam. You must schedule your free exam online.
To register for a free exam:
- Select any of the qualifying exams above.
- Once you have accessed the desired exam details page, click the “Schedule exam” button to begin the online registration process.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account associated with your Microsoft Certification profile. If you do not have a Microsoft Certification account, follow the steps to create one.
- On the ‘Account Linking’ page, select the appropriate event/event category and verify your event registration by signing in with your Microsoft Ignite registration credentials.
- Follow the information on the screens and provide the required details to schedule your exam.
- Verify that the cost at Checkout is $0.00 and submit the order. Note: The ‘My Order’ page should show the following discount at the bottom of the page: Microsoft Ignite 2019-2020 100% Discount. Previous pages in the exam scheduling flow will show the full price.
Terms and conditions
- This exam offer may be redeemed to take one (1) Microsoft Certification exam, delivered at an authorized Pearson Vue testing center or through a Pearson Vue online proctoring site.
- This exam offer is exam-specific and only redeemable for select Microsoft exams.
- This exam offer is available for a period beginning the first day of the event at which you received this exam offer and expires 180 days after the last day of such event.
- This exam offer entitles you to register for one (1) exam prior to the offer expiration date.
- This exam offer expiration date cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- This exam offer is not valid for, and may not be redeemed by, either: 1) government officials; or 2) residents of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Switzerland, Israel, Germany, or Sweden.
- This exam offer may only be redeemed once.
- This exam offer may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit or refund.
- This exam offer is nontransferable and is void if you alter, revise or transfer it in any way.
- This exam offer is only offered to individuals who have registered and attended an official Microsoft Ignite 2019 or Microsoft Ignite The Tour 2019-2020 event.
If you want to learn more on this directly from Microsoft, check out the official page, by clicking on the image below. Make sure you also check my Microsoft Certification Study Guides to get you ready for those exams!
|Leave a comment and don’t forget to like the Vlad Talks Tech Page on Facebook and to follow me on Twitter here for the latest news and technical articles on SharePoint. I am also a Pluralsight author, and you can view all the courses I created on my author page.|