6 Ways Formotus is Building a Better InfoPath Alternative
Community Blast Provided and Sponsored by Formotus. This information was provided by vendor for community education on this InfoPath Alternative product. No official review was performed by Vlad Catrinescu.
There’s plenty to talk about in the Formotus booth at Microsoft Ignite this week, as the company has announced a flurry of new offerings and upcoming beta previews. Here’s what’s on their list:
- Forms on demand with Formotus Now. Formotus Now is a new mobile app that lets anyone open InfoPath-compatible forms without any sign-in, simply by tapping a link.
- Browser-based form design. As promised, work is underway on the new cloud-based Formotus alternative to InfoPath Designer, and an early demo is on display.
- One-click open from a browser. Create a column in a SharePoint form library containing a Formotus link, and click on it open an existing instance (xml file) in a mobile app for filling.
- SharePoint list connector. This new custom control for InfoPath allows for updating SharePoint list data on the fly. One form can be used to update multiple lists.
- More ways to capture mobile data. Now in addition to camera photos, ink signatures, and GPS locations, Formotus has rolled out more controls for camera-captured barcodes, photos with location and compass direction, and map image insertion.
- Robust data ecosystem. There are several new ways that Formotus forms can now interact with each other and with other apps. One form can open another and pass data to prefill its fields. A link on a site or in email can open a form with parameters to fill its fields. A form can query a SharePoint library for available instances, then open one. An external, public-facing form can initiate internal SharePoint processes such as workflows.
If you’re in Chicago at Ignite this week, drop by booth 587 for a chat and a demo. If not, you can read more about these new developments here